On Monday, February 13, recruitment for the new Polish-Ukrainian Startup Bridge pre-acceleration program 2023 is starting. We plan to select 15 Ukrainian startups, each of which will receive development packages in the amount of PLN 10,000.
How to take part?
Fill in the form till 13.03.2023. The selection results will be announced by April 14.
Who can take part?
Pre-seed/seed-stage startups who are interested in opportunities offered by Polish and European markets (education, partnerships, funding opportunities). At least 50% of the shares in the entity belong to a citizen/citizens of Ukraine, and the entity is developed for no longer than 60 months (5 years). Startup founders speak English well enough to be able to communicate.
Companies with an impact on the postwar reconstruction of Ukraine will be prioritized.
What do you get?
- Multiple individual mentorship sessions with PUSB-accredited mentors.
- A cycle of case study meetings with C-level executives of Ukrainian startups who have managed to expand their business worldwide and fundraise from international investors and business angels.
- Up to PLN 10,000 in in-kind services and ‘hard cash’ for product/service purchases. You should spend 1/3 of it on work with mentors and experts. The rest will be spent according to the individual development plan of each startup.
- A dedicated free-to-use coworking space in Warsaw.
- Top performers will be invited to pitch during a year-end conference in Warsaw (+online) and meet with interested and committed investors from the CEE region.
What will the program help you with?
- Working on your IDEA: unlocking the unique value of your product/solution.
- COMMUNICATING your idea: learning to “speak the same language” with key stakeholders (Your team, Your client, Your investor).
- Refurbishing your BUSINESS PLAN.
- Working on those pesky numbers – creating a BUDGET and a FINANCIAL MODEL for your project.
- Creating a FUNDRAISING timeline and strategy.
- Preparing a PERFECT PITCH: both on the document side and PUBLIC SPEAKING workshops.
How long will the program last?
- February 13 ー March 13 一 recruitment of participants.
- March 13 ー April 14 一 analysis of applications and selection of the 15 best startups.
- April ー September 一 implementation of the program: achievement of the set goals, participation in meetups, 1:1 work with mentors, purchase of the necessary equipment or consultations, preparation for the final pitch day, and presentation of the startup to the investor.
- November 一 the final pitch day.
Who are our core mentors?
- a career spanning over 30 years in corporate finance, investment banking, and wealth management.
- 6 companies and over 22 investments, in the Leisure, Med Tech, Construction, and Energy industries.
- 8+ years @ Intel Corporation responsible for PR, marketing communication, and sales partner programs in CEE and EMEA region;
- expert in marketing, communication, innovation, and change management;
- Venture Partner @ Simpact Ventures
- 10 years @ Intel Corporation, 9+ years @ Microsoft and HP responsible for sales and marketing in CEE and EMEA region;
- serial entrepreneur with an interest in the medical devices sector and cosmetics;
- Board Member @ CD Project RED & Black Perls VC.
- Co-founder and managing partner of Life on Mars marketing agency,
- serial entrepreneur with 20+ years of experience in advisory roles. Keen interest in advertising and brand management solutions;
- CEO @ Proomni eCommerce & Digital Marketing
- 5+ years in financial services sector; 9+ years in Finnish data management solutions company Tietoevry;
- Founder & CEO of SNTE, a process automation company.
- 10+ years of providing legal services to international companies in Ukraine and Poland;
- Partner @ EUCON Legal Group.
- Director of ICU, an independent multi-strategy investment group that specializes in emerging and frontier markets.
- Roman leads ICU Ventures, the group’s venture capital arm, one of Ukraine’s biggest venture funds.
- Since 2018 it has made over 30 investments, with ticket sizes ranging from $200K to $5 million, depending on the investment stage.
The mentor’s list is being updated. If you want to become a mentor, contact us, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow our news on Facebook, LinkedIn, Telegram, and Instagram!